Recently, I was charged with buying the best portable basketball hoop for my family.
I was given this task because, well, I am the Dad, the alpha-male in our family if you will.
Unfortunately, I knew very little about how to pick the best portable basketball hoop.
These basketball hoops speak to everyone’s inner athlete. You can channel Michael Jordan in your driveway, or wherever you decide to set it up…even if your best athletic talent involves a recliner and your favorite frosty beverage.
With that being said, I decided to write this review for everyone like me, who did not know there was a plethora of these delightful little things available that can run the gambit price-wise, from just over a hundred dollars to several grand.
As I learned, research is key to find the best portable basketball hoop.
Let’s start with a short product description: These basketball hoops are designed for people who do not want to mount a hoop on their property or just do not have the room to designate a space to a permanent basketball hoop.
This product would also be ideal for someone that would be interested in keeping a hoop in their driveway with the option of taking their game on the road, like a friendly pick-up game at a friend or family member’s house.
For this reason, the best portable basketball hoops are easy to set up, take down, and set back up again.
Most of these hoops disassemble so that they can be moved even after they have been assembled.
These basketball hoops have a backboard that can range in size from 43 inches to 60 inches, depending on which model you chose.
Most of these hoops can be adjusted up and down, ranging in height from 6 foot for your little gamer, who wants “to be like Mike” all the way up to the NBA regulation of 10-foot-tall for your older gamers.
These hoops have a plastic or PVC ballast base that can be filled with sand or water and most have wheels on the base so that the hoop can be moved even after it is filled.
I hope that regardless of which one you choose, these wonderful products offer you endless hours of enjoyment while you spend time with your family and friends, and perhaps even get a little exercise while you enjoy them!
Below I offer a list of the best portable basketball hoops offered, starting with the most economical, moving to the more luxurious models.
I decided to go about middle of the road where economical met luxury, and I am very happy with my decision as it allowed me to retain my alpha-male status.
1 The 12 Best Portable Basketball Hoops
- 1.1 Lifetime 54 Inch Acrylic Portable Basketball Hoop
- 1.2 Spalding NBA Hybrid Portable Basketball System - Acrylic Backboard
- 1.3 First Team Portable Basketball System - Hurricane Triumph FL
- 1.4 Spalding NBA
- 1.5 Giantex 10ft 43'' Backboard In/outdoor Adjustable Height Basketball Hoop System
- 1.6 Lifetime 1531 Portable Basketball System, 48 Inch Shatterproof Backboard
- 1.7 Lifetime 1221 Pro Court Height Adjustable Portable Basketball System, 44 Inch Backboard
- 1.8 Lifetime 51544 Front Court Portable Basketball System, 50 Inch Shatterproof Backboard
- 1.9 Silverback NXT Portable Basketball Hoop
- 1.10 Spalding NBA Hercules Vertical Pole Portable Basketball System - 52
- 1.11 Spalding Pro Slam Portable NBA 54
- 1.12 Spalding NBA Hercules Portable Basketball Hoop - 54