One of the most relaxing, and not to mention free, forms of fitness out there is getting out into the great outdoors and walking through nature.
When you’re out exploring the world, having the best hiking boot can be the difference between a calming, awe inspiring focus on your surroundings, or regretting ever stepping foot outside because all you can concentrate on is the discomfort your feeling in your shoes.
It’s been said that the destination is less important than the journey, but if you’ve ever traversed a trail with blisters, you probably have good reason to disagree.
That’s why making sure you’re well equipped from head to toe is essential. And while walking may still be free, it’s worth it to invest in having the proper attire before heading out on an adventure, short or long.
Choosing the best hiking boot is comparable to picking out the right car: you need it to get you from point A to point B in comfort, you’d prefer a bit of style, and you don’t want to overpay for what you’re getting.
During a long hike, you’re putting a lot of stress on your feet and ankles that’s transmitted up through the legs, affecting not just your lower body, but your back and upper body as well.
So, you need something that will give you support that lasts through the day, provides comfort, and still has the traction to grip those hills and rocky terrain you’ll eventually face.
Additionally, you need a good base that will be stiff enough to prevent your ankles from rolling if you hit a stumble, but also have some springiness to them to allow for movement.
You’ll also want a pair that holds up against water and the cold.
Here we’ve compiled a list of the best women’s hiking boots so you don’t have to trek through hours of information before heading out on a multi-mile trek of your own!
- 1 The 8 Best Women’s Hiking Boots
- 1.1 Manfen Women’s Mid Waterproof Insulated Camouflage Hiking Boots
- 1.2 Dr. Comfort Vigor Women’s Therapeutic Diabetic Extra Depth Hiking Boot Leather Lace
- 1.3 Hi-Tec Women’s Altitude VI WP Hiking Boot
- 1.4 Adidas Outdoor Women’s Terrex Swift R Mid Gtx Hiking Shoe
- 1.5 Ariat Women’s Terrain Hiking Boots
- 1.6 Dannar Women’s Mountain Light Cascade Hiking Boots
- 1.7 Oboz Women’s Sawtooth Low Hiking Shoe
- 1.8 Ahnu Women’s Sugarpine Waterproof Hiking Shoe
If you liked this article click here to check out our review on the Best Hiking Watches