Equipping your feet with the best steel toe work boots brings both safety and comfort to your work zone.
When your daily work involves heavy obstacles or dangerous work zones, it’s extra important that you have the right gear going into the day to avoid injury or foot soreness.
Whether it be construction, farming or manufacturing, steel toed boots have been the preferred footwear for years and with good reason: They keep your feet safe and allow you to stay focused on the task at hand.
Admittedly, comfort is not the highest priority of the steel toed boot. However, more and more brands are coming around to building their footwear for comfort knowing their customers are on their feet all day.
Many work shoes now reflect this and build in some comfort support. If it is a deciding factor for you, then you’re sure to have plenty of options that meet your needs on our list.
However, knowing what you need in a work boot will be the first thing to figure out before venturing out to make a purchase.
If you work in rain, mud, have a primarily cleaning job, or face other wet conditions on a regular basis, you’ll want to narrow down your options to those that are waterproof.
There are few things less miserable than spending a day walking around in wet socks or cold feet. Not to mention the increased chance of getting sick.
If water resistance isn’t important, then your options are much broader. A few things you will want to check off the list are that the soles are non-slip, and decide whether you are better off with or without laces.
No one wants to go down because they hit a slippery patch of water or oil, and laces are not always the best option when snags are a possibility.
Another feature common to steel toe work boots is being electrical hazard rated. This is not a bad idea for any industry, but it might be especially important if you’re exposed to unfinished electrical, such as in construction.
If you really can’t decide and your options are open, then design could be a determining factor, as there are plenty of different styles on the market nowadays, ranging from the traditional boot look to tennis or basketball shoe appearance.
So, check out the work boots on this list, and use them as a jumping off point. There are TONS of different styles out there, so ultimately you just have to pick the best steel toe work boots for your preferences.
- 1 The 9 Best Steel Toe Work Boots for Men
- 1.1 Caterpillar Men’s Second Shift Steel Toe Work Boot6-3
- 1.2 Timberland PRO Direct Attach 6” Steel Safety Toe Waterproof Insulated Boot
- 1.3 Skechers Workshire Condor Steel Toe Work Boot
- 1.4 Caterpillar Men’s Diagnostic Waterproof Steel-Toe Work Boot
- 1.5 KEEN Utility Men’s Pittsburgh Steel Toe Work Boot
- 1.6 KEEN Utility Men’s Pittsburgh Steel Toe Work Boot
- 1.7 Servus Comfort Technology PVC Steel Toe Work Boots
- 1.8 Caterpillar Men’s Revolver Pull-On Steel-Toe Boot
- 1.9 Dr. Martens Men’s Icon Industrial Strength Steel Toe Boot
- 1.10 KEEN Utility Men’s Atlanta Cool Steel Toe Work Shoe